Looking for technical, customer-service oriented individuals interested in temporary (3-6 months) part-time role. Multiple shifts available/seven days per week.
Paradigm Education Solutions, is one of the leading providers of learning technology for developing job-readiness skills in computer, healthcare technology and business technology. Our mission is to prepare students and adults to productively enter the workforce with the requisite digital literacy skills and career knowledge needed to succeed. We value learning without limits, driving skill through practice and problem solving, preparing students for the real world using authentic learning environments, making course management simple, clear and configurable while elevating instructor insight to improve student performance for career readiness and success for all students across the country.
The Technical Support Specialist I will provide Information Technology related first line software and product support to all internal users and external customers of Paradigm Education and JIST Career Solutions. Support is provided for all products and this position is responsible for logging, advanced troubleshooting, replying to and\or escalating all technical support requests.
This individual works as team member in the Technical Support Department and call center workgroup. The individual will be knowledgeable in the skills of Customer Service and Technical Support and will therefore require supervision primarily when unclear about unique situations or circumstances. Conflict resolution is obtained by drawing on prior experiences and or consulting with management when needed. Correspondence with external customers as well as in-house customers is obtained via telephone, chat, face-to-face and e-mail. This position is required to answer product support inquiries in a manner that will maintain exceptional customer relations. This person will also be responsible for replying to all Tier I Technical Support requests, entering those requests into a Call Tracking program and performing timely escalation of pending support-related issues to various departments for further analysis and resolution. This individual will ensure that Educators, and school IT professionals, have a good working knowledge of our digital products and system requirements through hands on training and written and video based help documentation.
This position will have product release review duties. This includes a testing and quality assurance phase where products are reviewed & tested. This also includes a support phase, where bug reports and other issues are collected. The results of the testing, quality assurance and support phase will be documented and dispersed to the appropriate departments.
This position will have web and html coding responsibilities. Creating, reviewing and keeping up-to-date the html\php\web code where applicable on various company websites and\or html emails.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform first level IT support-related activities on issues regarding the use of company product software(s) for all internal and external customers.
- Perform timely escalation of pending support-related issues to various departments for further analysis and resolution.
- Keep the Product and Technical Support Knowledge Base up-to-date.
- Perform quality assurance and release review processes by following a test plan as outlined by the development team and management.
- Maintains open lines of communication; customers must receive a response to their query within 8 business hours. If an answer is not immediately available, the customer must be kept apprised on the situation as it progresses.
- Perform numerous analysis and projects utilizing a variety of software.
- Individuals in this role will demonstrate a willingness to promote change for the betterment of the company and our customers.
- Perform website maintenance and updates.
- Work with school IT departments to ensure that new customers are able to access all of the EMC digital content using all school owned devices.
- Train and educate teachers to make certain that they have a good understanding of how to fully utilize their EMC digital products.
- Minimal travel to provide onsite training and technical support.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
Answering, logging, tracking and replying to all Technical Support calls, emails and voicemails. Maintain proactive relationships with colleagues, Sales Reps and customers to promote a high level of customer satisfaction and feedback to Technology Development, Customer Service, Sales, Editorial and Marketing Departments. Initiate written correspondence to customers and various business departments to follow up on specific problems and inquires as necessary and appropriate.
Ensure that websites, User Guides and other support content have current and accurate data, fix when necessary and perform various html coding duties. Release review and quality assurance on various products and software applications. Participate in new technician training and assist with other projects as assigned.
(To be considered for this position, you must email your salary requirements, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.)