The Technical Support Specialist I will provide Information Technology related first line software and product support to all internal users and external customers of Paradigm Education and JIST Career Solutions. Support is provided for all products and this position is responsible for logging, advanced troubleshooting, replying to and\or escalating all technical support requests. This individual works as team member in the Technical Support Department and call center workgroup. The individual will be knowledgeable in the skills of Customer Service and Technical Support and will therefore require supervision primarily when unclear about unique situations or circumstances. Conflict resolution is obtained by drawing on prior experiences and or consulting with management when needed. Correspondence with external customers as well as in-house customers is obtained via telephone, chat, face-to-face and e-mail. This position is required to answer product support inquiries in a manner that will maintain exceptional customer relations. This person will also be responsible for replying to all Tier I Technical Support requests, entering those requests into a Call Tracking program and performing timely escalation of pending support-related issues to various departments for further analysis and resolution. This individual will ensure that Educators, and school IT professionals, have a good working knowledge of our digital products and system requirements through hands on training and written and video based help documentation. This position will have product release review duties. This includes a testing and quality assurance phase where products are reviewed & tested. This also includes a support phase, where bug reports and other issues are collected. The results of the testing, quality assurance and support phase will be documented and dispersed to the appropriate departments.
This position will have web and html coding responsibilities. Creating, reviewing and keeping up-to-date the html\php\web code where applicable on various company websites and\or html emails.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform first level IT support-related activities on issues regarding the use of company product software(s) for all internal and external customers.
- Perform timely escalation of pending support-related issues to various departments for further analysis and resolution.
- Keep the Product and Technical Support Knowledge Base up-to-date.
- Perform quality assurance and release review processes by following a test plan as outlined by the development team and management.
- Maintains open lines of communication; customers must receive a response to their query within 8 business hours. If an answer is not immediately available, the customer must be kept apprised on the situation as it progresses.
- Perform numerous analysis and projects utilizing a variety of software.
- Individuals in this role will demonstrate a willingness to promote change for the betterment of the company and our customers.
- Perform website maintenance and updates.
- Work with school IT departments to ensure that new customers are able to access all of the EMC digital content using all school owned devices.
- Train and educate teachers to make certain that they have a good understanding of how to fully utilize their EMC digital products.
- Minimal travel to provide onsite training and technical support.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
- Answering, logging, tracking and replying to all Technical Support calls, emails and voicemails. Maintain proactive relationships with colleagues, promote a high level of customer satisfaction and feedback Initiate written correspondence to customers and various business departments to follow up on specific problems and inquires.
- Ensure that websites, User Guides and other support content have current and accurate data, fix when necessary and perform various html coding duties. Release review and quality assurance on various products and software applications. Participate in new technician training and assist with other projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Required: 2 years equivalent experience
- Desired: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or Computer Science
- 2 years of experience working in a technical support environment preferably with high call volume experience.
- General knowledge and familiarity with current website-related technologies and best practices.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills; ability to communicate effectively, speak clearly and in a courteous manner over the telephone and written, with grammatically correct English.
- Excellent awareness to attention to detail.
- Ability to apply situational analysis to customer problems.
- Ability to respond to continual customer demands for immediate assistance.
- Prior experience with a multi-line phone system in a technical support or helpdesk environment.
- Strong working knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Ability to create HTML web pages and work with PHP and various other web technology.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, utilizing prior experience and procedures to bring about resolution.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use computers and software.
- Experienced in participating as a team member in contributing to department objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to learn about various products and how they work.
- Experienced and proficient in alternating between various tasks on an ongoing basis, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with little or some supervision.
- Phone Stats meet or exceed established department expectations.
- Understands department procedures, follows the procedures and helps in creating new procedures.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7, 8+), Mac Operating Systems, Mobile Operating Systems and all Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PPT, Access).
- Strong working knowledge of networking technologies, operating systems, desktop support, telecommunications and html\website terminologies.
- Must be willing to travel.
No phone calls please.
Paradigm Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
Paradigm Education Solutions is committed to providing Equal opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations so if you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Human Resources at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.