Managerial Accounting Principles,
About the Courseware
Authors: Dr. Jeffrey L. Hillard, BS, MSM, DM, CMA, CPA, Notre Dame of Maryland University; Dr. Anthony A. Atkinson, FCMA, FCPA, Wilfrid Laurier University; and John Wiley, BS, Med, Baltimore City College
Managerial Accounting Principles, V 3.0, builds upon a proven, traditional approach by integrating the content for learning efficiency and effectiveness. The text begins with a true overview that lays a consistent foundation with conceptual and business ethical frameworks. Each chapter tells a practical story of a business making decisions throughout the chapter, then supplying the next featured business with their product or service.
Students have a choice of using either the traditional problem-solving methods or a straightforward Excel based problem-solving method that eliminates the need for memorization of formulas.
Concepts and terminology are also connected across chapter boundaries, resulting in increased student interest and success.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: An Overview of Managerial Accounting
Chapter 2: Job Order Costing
Chapter 3: Process Costing
Chapter 4: Cost Management Strategies
Chapter 5: Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
Chapter 6: Costing and Pricing Strategies
Chapter 7: Master Budget
Chapter 8: Variance Analysis and Standard Costing
Chapter 9: Performance Evaluation in Decentralized Organizations
Chapter 10: Capital Budgeting
Chapter 11: Relevant Costing and Decision-Making
Chapter 12: Strategy and Sustainability
Chapter 13: The Statement of Cash Flows
Chapter 14: Financial Statement Analysis
About AME EngageTM
The AME Learning Cycle is a strategic learning method that puts a unique focus on pre and post-class interactive tutorials. These tutorials offer fully incentivized, tracked, and active student engagement, driving the core of our industry-leading levels of retention, engagement, and success.
- The Accounting MapTM provides students a digital and highly visual interactive balance sheet and income statement for powerful and practical transactional learning.
- HomeworkHubTM manages and tracks all student assignments, tests and quizzes, along with learning progression and success.
- Interactive Pre-Class Tutorials offer engaging visual tutorials with the Accounting Map™.
- Digital textbook and a workbook quickly jump to homework-related questions and subject matter.
- Question Library provides a full database of static and algorithmic questions tied to chapter outcomes.
- Guided Response Feedback allows students to see system-generated, instructional feedback for incorrect answers.
- Exam Builder allows instructors to build exams and tests, and also provides system built exams and tests.
- Course Designer provides opportunities to plan a semester.
- Course Builder offers expert assistance in building what you need.
- AME Trainer provides full one-to-one training on the entire AME Learning system, ensuring our instructors are prepared for the classroom on day one.
- PowerPointTM Library assists to focus-in on key lesson objectives.