This position requires experience and a record of success in new business development and institutional sales into Paradigm’s non-traditional sales channels, including state and federal institutions, international, career & technical education (secondary school level), corporate training, veterans and military, and other less established channel segments. This sales professional will be responsible for direct selling to large institutional clients, as well as managing/directing the Career Solutions and International sales personnel. The Manager will be responsible for achieving overall sales goals for the team as well as their own individual sales goal within an assigned national territory.
This individual is responsible for achieving or exceeding the annual planning goals in relation to the overall revenue goals targeting the following client segments and channels: State & Federal Correctional Institutions, State workforce, Adult Basic Education, Career & Technical Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, Youth, Veterans and Military, Indian Nations, Corporate Training, Secondary Education and International Markets.
The Manager,Channel Sales & Partner Development may be in any location near a major airport. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops annual sales strategies for meeting and exceeding revenue targets. Staffs the sales territories with qualified sales personnel and sets individual territory goals to meet company targets.
- Works in conjunction with the VP of Sales to develop,maintain, provide, and execute a national and key account sales plan, which includes information on sales opportunities, sales pipeline, closed sales, and customer/market trends. Provides client and competitive information, sales metrics and internal forecasts to sales and executive management on a timely and regular reporting basis.
- Collaborates in the development of the Government market in developing long and short-term strategic plans.
- Meets and exceeds sales goals for Paradigm programs within the assigned national sales territory.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to effectively present and sell products to groups of customers
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to sell across the entire company product line, including core courses and supplemental resources and products.
- Consistently demonstrates product knowledge and digital competency with respect to new and existing course offerings and technology solutions.
- Consistently demonstrates a command, curiosity, and aptitude in the areas of learning technology, social media, and the internet.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and ability to sell product line software and learning management systems across a variety of markets.
- Consistently demonstrates strong competency of Microsoft Office software.
- Effectively manages major contracts through all phases of the sales process from lead generation to close of sale and follow up. Will contribute to executing on RFP’s, bid analysis, and sales support.
- Provides a weekly and monthly reports to the VP of Sales on sales trends, performance, and personnel related issues, and sales projects. Coordinates and oversees sales projects to gain share in government channels.
- Travels as necessary (up to 60%) to call on customers and attend conferences. Travels with individual reps in the respective territories as needed to evaluate salespeople and close deals.
- Effectively qualifies leads and sales opportunities to ensure effective time and resource management.
- Develops, maintains, and effectively utilizes customer lists and databases. Reviews, interprets, and evaluates customer information and sales data to develop and follow a data-driven territory management plan.
- Creates and continually updates a sales plan that identifies target customers and maximizes revenue within the assigned territory.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required: 7+ years successful track record reflecting increasing sales responsibilities and sales performance, particularly in non post-secondary education channels
- Preferred: 3+ years of success leading or managing a sales team to include field based and call center sales representatives
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Substantial knowledge of non post-secondary education markets, including competitive and program trends within the education industry.
- Understanding of 3rd party distributers and independent sales agents
- Familiarity with the state and federal RFP process
- Demonstrated leadership & supervisory skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM systems
- Strong working knowledge of common software applications and uses, including Operating Systems, MS Office applications, Internet browsers, Adobe Acrobat,and CRM-type applications. Ability to learn new software applications stay current with technology
- Self-directed, with ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to demonstrate technology applications and learning systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and relationship management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Good personal computer skills required
- Ability to direct sell key prospects as well as manage a geographically dispersed sales team
No phone calls please.
Paradigm Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
Paradigm Education Solutions is committed to providing Equal opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations so if you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Human Resources at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.