The Human Resource Generalist manages day to day operations. The HR Generalist will provide professional human resource services, guidance and leadership in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, and benefits while ensuring consistency with the company’s policies, procedures, best practices while adhering to federal and state regulations to support the Company Mission.
This position is privy to confidential information and requires diplomacy and discretion. This role requires working with minimal supervision, exercising independent judgment and initiative while maintaining confidentiality. The Human Resource Generalist understands the requirement for flexibility and accommodates shifting priorities while representing and supporting human resource functions with Paradigm and managing the Corporation’s views and interests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage temporary employment needs. Work closely with staffing agencies to fill openings and determine bill rate, schedule, contract length, etc. Negotiates conversion rates at time of potential hire.
- Maintains employee benefit programs, assessing benefit needs and trends, coordinate annual open enrollment.
- Complies and keeps up to date with federal, state and local, employment law regulations.
- Partners and consults with internal managers to create new job descriptions, maintains and updates job descriptions as needed; responsible for maintaining company job description library.
- Assists in administrating leave of absence programs; FMLA, disability, workers compensation claims.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars, publications, participating in professional societies.
- Develop and maintain a company-wide Wellness and safety program;
- Manages established training programs: New Employee/Manager ADP training, Harassment training, etc.
- Work closely with payroll and accounting with reporting and updating HRIS system, entering new hires, employment verifications, payroll processing
- Coordinate company philanthropic events, plans events and activities, be the creative driving force to nurture the corporate culture.
- Develop and implement human resource policies, procedures and programs.
- Research, evaluate and analyze new techniques, data, best practices
- Performance management, employee relations and coaching
- Manage safety committee
- Administrative duties; reporting, supplies, facilities, scheduling, coordinating meetings
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management preferred.
- 3-5 years of Human Resource experience in a Generalist role.
- ADP experience preferred.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Working knowledge of human resource functions, practices and employment laws.
- Working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, EEOC compliance.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Confidence & capability to take initiative and manage upwards.
- Willingness to maintain flexibility in job function in an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to interface with all levels of management, vendors and employees.
- A “can-do” attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Data Management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage change.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
Paradigm Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
Paradigm Education Solutions is committed to providing Equal opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations so if you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Human Resources at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.