About the Courseware
Authors: Anita Verno, Bergen Community College; Jan Marrelli; and Nancy Muir
Guidelines for Microsoft® Office 365, 2019 Edition, teaches the essentials of Office using a clear, easy-to-follow instructional approach. Two- and four-page skill activities list instructional steps on one page and display large screen captures of the steps on the other. Paired with every activity is a skills video that demonstrates what the student is to learn. The instruction follows an engaging scenario involving an online periodical for which students complete tasks related to writing feature articles, preparing fact sheets, creating budgets, planning advertising campaigns, and more.
Complete course content is delivered within Paradigm’s new Cirrus learning environment.
Unit 1. Getting Started
1. Understanding Computer Essentials
2. Working with Student Data Files
Unit 2. Office Application Basics
Unit 3. Outlook
Unit 4. Word
1. Creating Documents
2. Formatting Documents and Citing Sources
3. Working with Tables and Objects
4. Finalizing and Sharing Documents
Unit 5. Excel
1. Creating an Excel Workbook
2. Working with Formulas and Functions
3. Formatting Cells
4. Working with Charts
Unit 6. Access
1. Working with Databases
2. Creating Forms and Tables
3. Working with Queries and Reports
Unit 7. PowerPoint
1. Creating a Presentation
2. Adding Media Elements and Effects
3. Customizing a Slide Show
4. Completing, Running, and Sharing Your Show
Unit 8. Integrating Office Applications
Cirrus is the next-generation learning solution for developing skills in Microsoft® Office. Cirrus seamlessly delivers complete course content in a cloud-based learning environment that puts students on the fast-track to success.
Students can access their content from any device anywhere, through a live internet connection. Cirrus is platform independent, ensuring that students get the same learning experience whether they are using PCs, Macs, or Chromebook computers.
Cirrus provides access to all the Guidelines for Microsoft® Office 365, 2019 Edition, content, delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book to track student progress and achievement.
Cirrus for Guidelines for Microsoft Office 365, 2019 Edition, delivers interactive assignments to guide student learning.
- Guide and Practice Tutorials provide interactive, guided training and measured practice.
- Hands On Activities enable students to complete the chapter activities in provided data files, compare their solutions against a Completed Skill model answer image, and submit their work for instructor review.
Section Review and Assessment
Section review and assessment activities in the Cirrus learning environment reinforce and assess student learning.
- Multiple-choice Features Review exercises assess student comprehension and recall of program features, terminology, and functions.
- Chapter-based Skills Reviews and unit-based Skills Assessments evaluate students’ ability to apply skills and concepts in solving realistic problems. Students upload their answers through Cirrus for instructor evaluation.
- Exercises and Projects provide opportunities for students to further develop and demonstrate skills covered in each section. Exercises and Projects are completed live in the Office application and are automatically scored. Detailed feedback and how-to videos help students evaluate and improve their performance.
- Skills Exams evaluate students’ ability to complete specific tasks. Skills Exams are completed live in the Office application and are automatically scored by Cirrus.
- Multiple-choice Concepts Exams assess student understanding of the section content.
Cirrus tracks students’ step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students’ progress and missteps.
With Exam Watch, instructors can remotely join a virtual, live, skills-based exam with students—a helpful option for struggling students who need one-to-one coaching, or for distance learners.
Accessed through Cirrus and visible only to instructors, the Instructor eResources for Guidelines for Microsoft Office 365, 2019 Edition, include the following support:
- Planning resources, such as lesson plans, teaching hints, and sample course syllabi.
- Delivery resources, such as activity answer keys and online images and templates.
- Assessment resources, including live and annotated PDF model answers for section work and review and assessment activities, rubrics for evaluating student work, and section-based exam banks in RTF format.