This interactive, Web-based program:
- Provides students with hands-on EHR skills-training that can be utilized and strengthened within classrooms, simulations, and clinicals.
- Replicates professional practice, preparing students for work across different types of healthcare facilities, including inpatient, outpatient, and long-term care.
- Gives students unlimited practice in all areas of EHRs, including nursing chart notes, medication administration, and ordering.
- Is accessible through Paradigm’s Cirrus learning management system, which can be integrated with Canvas, Blackboard, D2L, and Moodle.
With an online, interactive environment modeled after real-world EHR systems, students learn how to effectively manage a wealth of EHR activities.
The EHR Navigator provides:
- Nursing chart notes, which include:
- Nursing admission assessment
- Advance directive
- Delirium screening
- Fall risk assessment
- Infection control
- Input/output flowsheet
- Nursing daily care assessment
- Nursing notes
- Pain assessment
- Skin assessment
- Vital signs flow sheet
- Wound assessment
- Nursing discharge assessment
- An order system for placing, acknowledging, cancelling, and completing orders for:
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Speech therapy
- A medication administration record (MAR), which includes:
- Medication orders for the top 100
commonly prescribed drugs
- Ability to administer, cancel, or complete
- A simulated patient bracelet and medication
- Medication orders for the top 100
- Exposure to documentation used in long-term care (LTC) facilities, including:
- LTC admission assessment
- LTC discharge assessment
- All 45 pages of the minimal data set (MDS)
The EHR Navigator is delivered through Cirrus, a cloud-based learning environment designed to elevate student success and improve instructor efficiency.
Cirrus seamlessly delivers complete course content, which students can access anytime, anywhere—from PCs, Macs, and Chromebooks. To strengthen student understanding, Cirrus provides interactive, independent learning experiences, including online activities, quizzes, practice problems, flash cards, and assessments. New Watch and Learn Lessons include video and text to help students comprehend concepts or develop skills.
We provide onboarding preparation and white-glove technical support to help students and instructors easily use the learning environment.
New Coverage of Data Analytics
Data analytics plays an important role in improving patient care. Yet many aspiring healthcare professionals lack opportunities to develop analysis skills until they’re on the job.
Now there’s a way to build students’ data analysis skills sooner. We’ve enhanced our courseware to provide students with opportunities to develop and test their data analysis skills.
Beginning with data related to smoking cessation—available this month—the EHR Navigator will soon include a data analytics-specific tutorial and assessment. Each data report will also be accompanied by multiple case study scenarios that challenge students to analyze and draw conclusions from the data.
Additional scenarios and topics, available in Summer 2020, will include data covering:
- diagnoses reports
- infection reports
- outstanding items (for collections)
- coder productivity reports
- a patient satisfaction survey
- and information on cardiovascular patients
Comprehensive Student Resources
The EHR Navigator supports Paradigm’s courseware, Exploring Electronic Health Records, which includes an all new nursing-specific eChapter.
This complete courseware develops students’ skills in EHRs, data management, and analytics. Student knowledge is developed and reinforced through case studies, exercises, flashcards, live assessments, and games.
Available in Cirrus, the Instructor Resources ease course management and include tools like course-planning guidelines, syllabus models, teaching hints and activities, answer keys, quizzes and exams, handouts and exams.