The Director of Student Experience is responsible for the overall strategic direction, management and accountability of the end-to-end student experience. This role delivers business outcomes by partnering with technology to ensure a useful, desirable, and valuable product, sales, and service experience to students. The goal of the Director of Student Experience is to optimize interactions from the student’s perspective and, as a result, foster students’ loyalty and adoption, and business growth, revenue, retention, and margins.
The Director of Student Experience will focus on the whole students’ experience and ensure above expectation experiences through design and design thinking across all student touch points and organizational silos that deliver those touch points.
- Partner with Technology team to create solutions that engage students to increase student satisfaction, brand loyalty and outcomes.
- Research student feedback during usability testing and lead a team to establish and deploy an effective design and implementation process.
- Design, conduct, and evaluate studies to understand and improve student experience, documenting requirements.
- Create mock-ups and track metrics related to identifiable factors that change students’ experience. Create and implement strategies that improve students’ experience through design.
- Work directly with clients on Pilot programs to identify requirements and ensure a positive experience for students and instructors.
- Work with product managers and development managers to develop, refine and deliver solutions and product experience strategies, and to identify possible opportunities for derivation of an existing idea.
- Train, mentor, and supervise a team of design and student facing platform experts.
- Assist in developing design specifications using wireframes and other visual aids.
- Collaborate with internal teams to form cohesive concepts for release.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in user or customer experience design required.
- Publishing or education industry experience is required.
- An understanding of technologies to facilitate student engagement and success in an online setting.
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to interface with all levels of management as well as external vendors and stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and a self-starter; a proactive problem solver.
- Exudes confidence and capability to take initiative and manage upwards. Must be able to collaborate effectively cross-functionally.
- Willingness to maintain flexibility in job function in an ever-changing environment.
- Aptitude for systems thinking, accuracy and attention to detailed work and ability to integrate to “big picture” thinking.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat. High technical aptitude and digital proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and co-ordinate the input of others in these circumstances.
If you have these qualifications and are interested in this exciting new role, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.