Author: Denise Seguin, Fanshawe College
This courseware helps students learn computer concepts and software skills they can apply immediately to accomplish projects and assignments for school and to organize, schedule, record, plan, and budget for their personal needs.
This courseware is divided into two parts: Seguin’s COMPUTER Concepts, Third Edition, and Seguin’s COMPUTER Applications for Microsoft® Office 365, 2019 Edition.
Part I of the courseware provides instruction in achieving a basic understanding of the components that comprise computer hardware, system software, application software, internet connectivity and resources, social media, and the security and privacy issues related to technology.
Part II of the courseware offers instruction that will guide students to achieve entry-level competence with the latest versions of Microsoft® Windows, web browsers, and the Microsoft® Office productivity suite, including OneNote, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Students will also be introduced to cloud computing alternatives to the traditional desktop suite.
Complete course content is delivered within Paradigm’s new Cirrus learning environment.
Part One: COMPUTER Concepts
1. Living in a Digital World
2. Exploring the World Using the Internet
3. Computer Hardware
4. The Operating System and Utility Programs
5. Application Software
6. Using Social Media to Connect and Communicate
7. Computer Security and Privacy
Part Two: COMPUTER Applications for Microsoft® Office 365, 2019 Edition
1. Using Windows 10 and Managing Files
2. Navigating and Searching the Web
3. Exploring Office 2019 Essentials
4. Using OneNote for Windows 10
5. Communicating and Scheduling Using Outlook
6. Creating, Editing, and Formatting Word Documents
7. Enhancing a Document with Special Features
8. Creating, Editing, and Formatting Excel Worksheets
9. Inserting Functions and Enhancing an Excel Worksheet
10. Creating, Editing, and Formatting a PowerPoint Presentation
11. Enhancing a Presentation with Multimedia and Animation Effects
12. Using and Querying an Access Database
13. Creating a Table, Form, and Report in Access
14. Integrating Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Content
15. Using Office Online and OneDrive
Cirrus is the next-generation learning solution for developing skills in Microsoft® Office. Cirrus seamlessly delivers complete course content in a cloud-based learning environment that puts students on the fast-track to success.
Students can access their content from any device anywhere, through a live internet connection. Cirrus is platform independent, ensuring that students get the same learning experience whether they are using PCs, Macs, or Chromebook computers.
Cirrus provides access to all the Marquee Series content, delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book to track student progress and achievement.
Cirrus tracks students’ step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students’ progress and missteps.
With Exam Watch, instructors can remotely join a virtual, live, skills-based exam with students—a helpful option for struggling students who need one-to-one coaching, or for distance learners.
Accessed through Cirrus and visible only to instructors, the Instructor eResources for the Marquee Series include the following support: