About the Courseware
Pages: 590 | Copyright: 2019
Authors: Kathleen Villani and James B. Rosa
Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks® 2018 teaches accountant and non-accountant students how to use QuickBooks, one of the most popular general ledger software packages available. Through step-by-step explanations and hands-on exercises, students get ample opportunities to practice and master accounting concepts.
After completing the courseware, students will understand how to create a company file, run accounts receivable and accounts payable, manage time-tracking and payroll, track inventory and fixed assets, manage budgets, maintain ledgers and journals, and create reports.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 QuickBooks 2018
Chapter 2 Vendors
Chapter 3 Customers
Chapter 4 Period-End Procedures
Chapter 5 Inventory
Chapter 6 New Company Setup—Detailed Start
Chapter 7 New Company Setup—Express Start
Chapter 8 Payroll Setup
Chapter 9 Payroll Processing
Chapter 10 Banking
Chapter 11 Jobs and Time-Tracking
Chapter 12 Customization of Your Company File
This courseware includes SNAP for QuickBooks, a learning management system for QuickBooks 2018 that provides:
- Easy access to the student eBook, instructions for getting started, company files, and a glossary.
- A sophisticated gradebook and powerful scheduling and analytics tools.
- Chapter-based multiple-choice quizzes and exams with automatic feedback and gradebook entry.
- Chapter-based video tutorials, each followed by a short quiz to assess comprehension.
- File management tools to collect homework submissions.
- Automatic feedback, scoring, and gradebook entry for Excel reports created in the end-of-chapter case problems.
- LTI connectivity to integrate courseware with popular learning management systems.
As students complete the courseware they will:
- Understand differences and similarities between a manual accounting system and computerized accounting with QuickBooks 2018.
- Learn how to operate QuickBooks 2018 by entering common business transactions in the appropriate activity windows using sample company data and building their own company file.
- Gain helpful hints and identify key accounting terms, which are included in the textbook margins.
- Receive immediate reinforcement of accounting concepts and apply their skills through practice exercises.
- Learn about behind-the-scenes accounting automated by QuickBooks 2018.
All instructor resources are available digitally through a web-based eBook. The instructor materials include:
- Planning resources, such as lesson blueprints, teaching hints, and sample course syllabi.
- Presentation resources, such as PowerPoint presentations with lecture notes.
- Assessment resources, including PDF model answers for chapter work and end-of-chapter activities, answer keys for evaluating student work, and chapter-based exam banks.