About the Courseware
Pages: Levels 1 & 2: 576 | Level 1: 280 | Level 2: 284
Level 3: 244
Authors: Nita Rutkosky; Audrey Roggenkamp, Pierce College Puyallup; and Ian Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup
Benchmark Series: Microsoft® Word 365, 2019 Edition, is designed for students who want to learn how to use the powerful word processing program to create professional looking documents for school, work, and personal communication needs.
Levels 1 & 2 cover Microsoft® Office Specialist certification exam objectives. Pair Level 3 with Levels 1 & 2 to get students to the Microsoft® Office Expert mastery level. From adding graphics and visual elements to enhance written communication, to planning and researching documents, students will be proficient in using Word to organize, analyze, and present information.
Complete course content is delivered in the Cirrus learning
environment through a series of scheduled assignments
that report to a grade book to track student progress and
Table of Contents
Microsoft® Word Level 1
Unit 1. Editing and Formatting Documents
1. Preparing a Word Document
2. Formatting Characters and Paragraphs
3. Customizing Paragraphs
4. Formatting Pages and Documents
Unit 2. Enhancing and Customizing Documents
5. Inserting and Formatting Objects
6. Managing Documents
7. Creating Tables
8. Applying and Customizing Formatting
Microsoft® Word Level 2
Unit 1. Formatting and Customizing Documents
1. Applying Advanced Formatting
2. Proofing Documents
3. Inserting Headers, Footers, and References
4. Creating Specialized Tables and Navigating in a Document
Unit 2. Editing and Formatting Documents
5. Customizing Objects and Creating Charts
6. Merging Documents
7. Managing Building Blocks and Fields
8. Managing Shared Documents
Microsoft® Word Level 3
Unit 1. Formatting with Special Features
1. Designing with Styles
2. Managing Merge Options
3. Managing Macros
Unit 2. Customizing Word and Word Elements
4. Creating Forms
5. Creating a Table of Authorities and Index
6. Using Outline View
7. Integrating and Sharing Documents and Data
8. Customizing Word
Cirrus is the next-generation learning solution for developing skills in Microsoft® Office. Cirrus seamlessly delivers complete course content in a cloud-based learning environment that puts students on the fast-track to success.
Students can access their content from any device anywhere, through a live internet connection. Cirrus is platform independent, ensuring that students get the same learning experience whether they are using PCs, Macs, or Chromebook computers.
Cirrus provides access to all the Benchmark Series content, delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book to track student progress and achievement.
Cirrus for the Benchmark Series delivers interactive assignments to guide student learning.
- Watch and Learn Lessons include video and text content explaining how to perform the chapter activities,
and a short quiz that allows students to check their understanding of the content.
- Guide and Practice Tutorials provide interactive, guided training and measured practice.
- Hands On Activities enable students to complete the chapter activities in provided data files, compare their solutions against a Completed Skill model answer image, and submit their work for instructor review.
Section Review and Assessment
Section review and assessment activities in the Cirrus learning environment reinforce and assess student learning.
- Multiple-choice Features Review exercises assess student comprehension and recall of program features, terminology, and functions.
- Skills Exams evaluate students’ ability to complete
specific tasks. Skills Exams are completed live in the Office application and are automatically scored by Cirrus.
- Exercises and Projects provide opportunities for students to further develop and demonstrate skills covered in each chapter and unit. Exercises and Projects are completed live in the Office application and are automatically scored. Detailed feedback and how-to videos help students evaluate and improve their performance.
- Multiple-choice Concepts Exams assess student understanding of the chapter content.
Cirrus tracks students’ step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students’ progress and missteps.
With Exam Watch, instructors can remotely join a virtual, live, skills-based exam with students—a helpful option for struggling students who need one-to-one coaching, or for distance learners.
Accessed through Cirrus and visible only to instructors, the Instructor eResources for the Benchmark Series include the following support:
- Planning resources, such as lesson plans, teaching hints, and sample course syllabi.
- Delivery resources, such as activity answer keys and online images and templates.
- Assessment resources, including live and annotated PDF model answers for section work and review and assessment activities, rubrics for evaluating student work, and section-based exam banks in RTF format.