Pages: 1,080 | Copyright: 2020
Authors: Nita Rutkosky; Audrey Roggenkamp, Pierce College Puyallup; and Ian Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup
The Benchmark Series is designed for students to develop a mastery skill level in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Its graduated, three-level instructional approach moves students to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information. Multi-part, projects-based exercises build skill mastery with activities that require independent problem solving, which challenge students to execute strategies they will encounter in today's workplace.
Complete course content is delivered in the Cirrus learning
environment through a series of scheduled assignments
that report to a grade book to track student progress and
Unit 1. Editing and Formatting Documents
1. Preparing a Word Document
2. Formatting Characters and Paragraphs
3. Customizing Paragraphs
4. Formatting Pages and Documents
Unit 2. Enhancing and Customizing Documents
5. Inserting and Formatting Objects
6. Managing Documents
7. Creating Tables
8. Applying and Customizing Formatting
Unit 1. Preparing and Formatting Worksheets
1. Preparing an Excel Workbook
2. Inserting Formulas in a Worksheet
3. Formatting a Worksheet
4. Enhancing a Worksheet
Unit 2. Enhancing the Display of Workbooks
5. Moving Data within and between Workbooks
6. Maintaining Workbooks
7. Creating Charts and Inserting Formulas
8. Adding Visual Interest to Workbooks
Unit 1. Creating Tables and Queries
1. Managing and Creating Access Tables
2. Creating Relationships between Tables
3. Performing Queries
4. Creating and Modifying Tables in Design View
Unit 2. Creating Forms and Reports
5. Creating Forms
6. Creating Reports and Mailing Labels
7. Modifying, Filtering, and Viewing Data
8. Exporting and Importing Data
Unit 1. Creating and Formatting Presentations
1. Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation
2. Modifying a Presentation and Using Help and Tell Me
3. Formatting Slides
4. Inserting Elements in Slides
Unit 2. Customizing and Enhancing Presentations
5. Creating Tables, SmartArt Graphics, Charts, and Photo Albums
6. Using Slide Masters and Action Buttons
7. Applying Custom Animation and Setting Up Shows
8. Integrating, Sharing, and Protecting Presentations
Cirrus is the next-generation learning solution for developing skills in Microsoft® Office. Cirrus seamlessly delivers complete course content in a cloud-based learning environment that puts students on the fast-track to success.
Students can access their content from any device anywhere, through a live internet connection. Cirrus is platform independent, ensuring that students get the same learning experience whether they are using PCs, Macs, or Chromebook computers.
Cirrus provides access to all the Benchmark Series content, delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book to track student progress and achievement.
Cirrus for the Benchmark Series delivers interactive assignments to guide student learning.
Section review and assessment activities in the Cirrus learning environment reinforce and assess student learning.
Cirrus tracks students' step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students' progress and missteps.
With Exam Watch, instructors can remotely join a virtual, live, skills-based exam with student-a helpful option for struggling students who need one-to-one coaching, or for distance learners.
Accessed through Cirrus and visible only to instructors, the Instructor eResources for the Benchmark Series include the following support: