About the Courseware
Pages: Levels 1 & 2: 520 | Level 1: 264 | Level 2: 272
Authors: Nita Rutkosky; Audrey Roggenkamp, Pierce College Puyallup; and Ian Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup; Jan Davidson
The Benchmark Series teaches students the key features and functionalities of Microsoft® Excel. Two levels of coverage include how to manipulate numerical data, resolving issues related to finances and other numbers-based information. Students build a mastery skill level of the spreadsheet program through Benchmark’s graduated, three-level instructional approach. Students learn to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to create materials that achieve course goals.
Benchmark Series: Microsoft® Excel 365, 2019 Edition: Levels 1 & 2 cover Microsoft® Office Specialist certification exam objectives.
Complete course content is delivered in the Cirrus learning
environment through a series of scheduled assignments
that report to a grade book to track student progress and
Table of Contents
Microsoft® Excel Level 1
Unit 1. Preparing and Formatting Worksheets
1. Preparing an Excel Workbook
2. Inserting Formulas in a Worksheet
3. Formatting a Worksheet
4. Enhancing a Worksheet
Unit 2. Enhancing the Display of Workbooks
5. Moving Data within and between Workbooks
6. Maintaining Workbooks
7. Creating Charts and Inserting Formulas
8. Adding Visual Interest to Workbooks
Microsoft® Excel Level 2
Unit 1. Advanced Formatting, Formulas, and Data Management
1. Advanced Formatting Techniques
2. Advanced Functions and Formulas
3. Working with Tables and Data Features
4. Summarizing and Consolidating Data
Unit 2. Managing and Integrating Data and the Excel Environment
5. Using Data Analysis Features
6. Exporting, Importing, and Transforming Data
7. Automating Repetitive Tasks and Customizing Excel
8. Protecting and Distributing a Workbook
Cirrus is the next-generation learning solution for developing skills in Microsoft® Office. Cirrus seamlessly delivers complete course content in a cloud-based learning environment that puts students on the fast-track to success.
Students can access their content from any device anywhere, through a live internet connection. Cirrus is platform independent, ensuring that students get the same learning experience whether they are using PCs, Macs, or Chromebook computers.
Cirrus provides access to all the Benchmark Series content, delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book to track student progress and achievement.
Cirrus for the Benchmark Series delivers interactive assignments to guide student learning.
- Watch and Learn Lessons include video and text content explaining how to perform the chapter activities,
and a short quiz that allows students to check their understanding of the content.
- Guide and Practice Tutorials provide interactive, guided training and measured practice.
- Hands On Activities enable students to complete the chapter activities in provided data files, compare their solutions against a Completed Skill model answer image, and submit their work for instructor review.
Section Review and Assessment
Section review and assessment activities in the Cirrus learning environment reinforce and assess student learning.
- Multiple-choice Features Review exercises assess student comprehension and recall of program features, terminology, and functions.
- Skills Exams evaluate students’ ability to complete
specific tasks. Skills Exams are completed live in the Office application and are automatically scored by Cirrus.
- Exercises and Projects provide opportunities for students to further develop and demonstrate skills covered in each chapter and unit. Exercises and Projects are completed live in the Office application and are automatically scored. Detailed feedback and how-to videos help students evaluate and improve their performance.
- Multiple-choice Concepts Exams assess student understanding of the chapter content.
Cirrus tracks students’ step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students’ progress and missteps.
With Exam Watch, instructors can remotely join a virtual, live, skills-based exam with students—a helpful option for struggling students who need one-to-one coaching, or for distance learners.
Accessed through Cirrus and visible only to instructors, the Instructor eResources for the Benchmark Series include the following support:
- Planning resources, such as lesson plans, teaching hints, and sample course syllabi.
- Delivery resources, such as activity answer keys and online images and templates.
- Assessment resources, including live and annotated PDF model answers for section work and review and assessment activities, rubrics for evaluating student work, and section-based exam banks in RTF format.