Author(s): Nita Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup; Jan Davidson, Lambton College; Audrey Roggenkamp, Pierce College Puyallup; and Ian Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup
Benchmark Series: Microsoft® Excel 2016 is designed for students who want to learn how to use this powerful spreadsheet program to manipulate numerical data in resolving issues related to finances or other numbers-based information.
Getting Started in Office 2016
Excel 2013 Level 1
Unit 1. Preparing and Formatting a Worksheet
1. Preparing an Excel Workbook
2. Inserting Formulas in a Worksheet
3. Formatting an Excel Worksheet
4. Enhancing a Worksheet. Unit 1. Performance Assessment
Unit 2. Enhancing the Display of Workbooks
5. Moving Data within and between Workbooks
6. Maintaining Workbooks
7. Creating Charts and Inserting Formulas
8. Adding Visual Interest to Workbooks
Unit 2 Performance Assessment
Excel 2013 Level 2
Unit 1. Advanced Formatting, Formulas, and Data Management
1. Advanced Formatting Techniques
2. Advanced Functions and Formulas
3. Working with Tables and Data Features
4. Summarizing and Consolidating Data
Unit 1. Performance Assessment
Unit 2. Managing and Integrating Data and the Excel Environment
5. Using Data Analysis Features
6. Protecting and Sharing Workbooks
7. Automating Repetitive Tasks and Customizing Excel
8. Importing, Exporting, and Distributing Data
Unit 2. Performance Assessment
After successfully completing a course using this textbook and digital courseware, students will be able to:
SNAP is a web-based training and assessment platform that accelerates student success in Microsoft Office. Students get real-world experience working directly in the Microsoft software and instructors get a suite of powerful tools at their fingertips. Through real-time analytics, instructors get instant performance insight on their students’ work, and students can identify their challenges to define their own individual learning paths to success.
Precheck quizzes test students’ knowledge of the chapter content before they study the material. Students can use the results to help focus their study on the skills they need to learn.
Tutorials guide students through the steps for the skills and then allow them to practice on their own. These interactive tutorials include simple instructions and optional help.
Preview images show how students’ file should look when they have completed each chapter, skill, review exercise, or assessment.
Recheck quizzes at the end of each chapter enable students to recheck their understanding of the chapter content.
The Workbook ebook provides study resources (such as presentations with audio support, study notes, and tips and hints), review exercises, and assessments to help reinforce students’ understanding of the concepts, features, and skills covered in the textbook.